An Inside Shadow Box Christmas Card for Time Out Challenge #111

Recently Jennifer McGuire shared one of the easiest way to create an inside shadow box card and I have tried it out to create this Christmas card for Time Out Challenge #111 where the theme is 'Holidays'....there was an optional twist of a one layer card, which I obviously haven't applied to my card..

Me And My Daily Papercraft Blog - Handmade By Pri

After creating the two pieces required to create this card base, I first created the card front by making an ocean scene using the make waves stencil and Oxide inks - salty ocean & blueprint sketch....I added a small wavy panel for a bit of dimension ...the sentiment was white heat embossed on this panel...

I adhered the coloured in and die cut images of the ice floe, polar bear, a Christmas tree and the presents on the card front and added some gold stars to embellish it....

In the inside of this section, I applied some more Oxide inks with the make waves stencil again to continue the ocean scene from the card front...I stamped the sentiment using black ink and set it aside..

Me And My Daily Papercraft Blog - Handmade By Pri

On the second section, I scored and prepared the shadow box as shown in the tutorial by Jennifer McGuire and die cut a large rectangular section from it...I applied some Oxide ink on the inside frame and adhered it to the first section that I had prepared earlier...

Now all I had to to was to add all the coloured in and die cut images on the inside of my card and my card was ready...


It was a bit difficult to take pictures of my card to show how it looks so I'm sharing a small video here...


I'm glad you stopped by to take a look at my card..thank you....Hope you will have a beautiful day ahead...!!


Labels: , , , , , ,