You're Not Getting Old - Shaker Card For MFT Birthday Project

I was so happy to create and add my entry to the challenge at the MFT challenge blog for the Birthday Project as the challenge this time was to make a shaker card....and since it was always my plan to make more shaker cards this year, it was an added bonus for me...also,I found the perfect sentiment to use with these adorable turtles(they usually live a long life)....

Me And My Daily Papercraft Blog - Handmade By Pri

Most of the planning in this card was for the layout of the turtles as they are quite big...so I started by stamping and colouring in the bird and turtle images and then fussy cutting them...I also die cut two stitched borders from white cardstock and sponged some antique linen Distress Ink on it...I kept these elements aside for later and started on the shaker...

Me And My Daily Papercraft Blog - Handmade By Pri

First I created the background panel with the mini cloud edges stencil and salty ocean Distress Ink...I then cut a blue glitter panel same size as the card front and then used a smaller rectangle die to create a frame...on the back of this frame,I adhered the two hillside edge panels and then stuck an acetate panel..I then adhered a whole lot of foam tape behind this frame to create the shaker well...

I added a lot of clear and sparkly blue sequins inside the shaker well and then adhered the background panel to close and seal the shaker...now this shaker panel could easily be added to the card base...

Me And My Daily Papercraft Blog - Handmade By Pri

I stamped the sentiment on the card front and adhered the cut out images as well...I also added a bit of glossy accents on the images for a bit of shine...

Here is a small video of how my shaker card looks....shaker cards are so much fun don't you think..??


Thank you so much for taking the time and visiting my blog today...Have a wonderful day ahead...Happy crafting..!!

Pri

http://www.cardchallenges.com/2018/04/the-birthday-project-shaker-cards.html




Labels: , , , , , ,