Ornamental Flowers For Altenew May Inspiration Challenge

I have had so much fun creating this card for the Altenew May 2018 Inspiration Challenge...I got very inspired by the three colours for the challenge and wanted to create a dark background for the gold embossed flowers and leaves...swapping the colours for the leaf and flowers was a very last minute idea and I think it works...what do you think..??

Me And My Daily Papercraft Blog - Handmade By Pri

Here is the image and colours provided for this challenge by Laura Bassen...


To begin, I covered a watercolour cardstock front panel with Turquiose green watercolour (Gansai Tambi no. 57)...I used the textured side this time and splattered the same colour on the panel once it was dry...

On a piece of white cardstock, I stamped the flower base in ocean waves Altenew dye ink and the leaves in pinkalicious dye ink...I then stamped the next layer with watermark ink and heat embossed it using rose gold embossing powder...the MISTI came in quite handy as I was able to repeat these steps quite easily...

Me And My Daily Papercraft Blog - Handmade By Pri

Next, I die cut the flowers and the leaves using the coordinating dies and adhered them to the watercoloured front panel...I cut off the excess from all sides and adhered this panel to a plain white card base...

Since I didnt't want to add another colour to my card, I used a solid stamp and pinkalicious dye ink to create the pink panel on which I heat embossed the sentiment...I adhered this sentiment label on the card front using some adhesive foam and then added a few gold confetti sequins to embellish my card..

Me And My Daily Papercraft Blog - Handmade By Pri

Thank you for your visit today...I'm glad you stopped by my blog...Have a happy and wonderful day ahead...!!

Pri

Labels: , , , , ,