If Friends Were Flowers - Time Out Challenge #109

For 'Inspired By Words' challenge #109 at the Time Out Challenges blog, my first idea was to make a flowery card with or without the friend theme...but the more I thought about it, the more I felt like I should make something one of my friends would have a good laugh at....so I chose this funny looking cow stamp from Katzelkraft and made this card...(can you tell I'm a big fan of comedy??)

Me And My Daily Papercraft Blog - Handmade By Pri

This is the quote for the challenge...


After die cutting the front panel from Bristol Smooth cardstock, I stamped the cow image and the sentiment using Versafine onxy black ink and quickly heat embossed them using clear embossing powder....I then masked the cow and used stencils and Distress inks to create the back ground...

I have used squeezed lemonade and carved pumpkin with MFT radiating rays stencil and mowed lawn and peeled paint Distress inks with MFt drifts and hills stencil...I also splattered a bit of water for effect...

Me And My Daily Papercraft Blog - Handmade By Pri

After removing the mask, I coloured in the cow image using a beige Zig maker and a water brush...once dry, I adhered this panel to a plain white card base...

On a separate piece of white cardstock, I stamped, clear heat embossed and coloured in the little flowers and die cut them with the coordinating dies...I adhered them on the card front and placed one of the flowers(without the stem) above the cow's teeth using a small foam adhesive square...I used my black Copic multi liner to draw a small stem so it seems that the cow is holding a flower between her teeth...

Me And My Daily Papercraft Blog - Handmade By Pri

To finish my card, I added a small coloured in heart and used Nuvo glaze on all the flowers for a bit of shine..

Hope my card made you smile as well...thank you for stopping by my blog today...Happy crafting..!!

Pri

Labels: , , , , , , ,