Hip, Hippo, Hooray!

Some plans or ideas work so well in your head but when it comes to reality, you have to adjust and put on your thinking cap so you can find the next best option...the results can go either way, and thankfully for today's card I was quite happy with the end result....I was able to alter the die a bit so it could accommodate my card design..

Me And My Daily Papercraft Blog - Handmade By Pri

I started by die cutting the collage panel from 110lb white cardstock twice and the cut off the center sections of the collage frame to make a larger area for the cake and hippo images...I then layered the two frames and sponged all the edges using spun sugar Distress ink and adhered this collage frame onto a die cut pink front panel before adhering it to the card base...

Next I die cut a rectangle piece for the center section and sponged the edges of this with the same ink...I stamped little images on the white square sections that were die cut from the panel earlier and coloured them and sponged the edges as well...I then adhered all these panels inside the collage frame...

On a separate piece of white cardstock, I stamped coloured in and cut out the hippos and the cake and adhered them to the large center panel...I stamped the sentiment just above using a dark pink dye ink...

To embellish my card I have added a lot of tiny pink star sequins and applied some Nuvo glaze to some of the images...

Me And My Daily Papercraft Blog - Handmade By Pri

I will be entering this card in the MFT card challenges for the birthday project as this month's challenge theme is cakes, cupcakes and candles...and it seems I've been able to add all three to my card...

Thanks for visiting my blog today...Hope you will have a great day ahead....!!

Pri

Labels: , , , , ,