Watercoloured Dahlias For Altenew April Inspiration Challenge

I am always blown away by all the cards created by Erum Tasneem(Vibgyor Cards)..if you have seen her work, then you will agree that they are the most beautiful works of art....and I've made today's card for this month's Altenew Inspiration Challenge after being inspired by watching a video tutorial by her....

Me And My Daily Papercraft Blog - Handmade By Pri

This is the image provided for the challenge and I chose the three colours highlighted from the picture...


I started by stamping the Altenew Dahlia flowers and leaves on watercolour cardstock using watermark ink and heat embossing all of  them with Altenew antique gold embossing powder...I coloured these images with a lot of water and some Peerlesss watercolours(bubble gum,amethyst,cobalt blue and grass green) as well as some Gansai Tambi blue gold watercolour for all that extra shimmer...

Me And My Daily Papercraft Blog - Handmade By Pri

I added a gold foil front panel to my plain white card base and then die cut a smaller top panel from watercolour cardstock...I applied some amethyst Peerleess watercolour randomly to add some colour to the background and once dry,I splatter some black watercolour before adhering this panel to the card front..

Next,I placed all the coloured in flowers and leaves on my card and used foam squares under a few of them for a bit of dimension...I stamped and gold heat embossed the sentiment on a black strip of cardstock and added a thin gold strip below it before placing it on my card as well...and to embellish my card,I have added some black Nuvo drops here and there...

Me And My Daily Papercraft Blog - Handmade By Pri

I need to practise my watercolouring quite a lot so I can get better results...it is on the top of my 'to do' list for this year...and I'll be so happy if my watercolouring improves even a bit...

I'm glad you stopped by to take a look at my card....Hope you will have a beautiful day ahead...!!

Pri


Labels: , , , , , , ,