Second Card For Altenew January Inspiration Challenge

Today I'm sharing my second card for the Altenew January 2018 Inspiration Challenge...I really liked the colours from this challenge and wanted to make a flowery card this time...I have not done any colouring in this card but have followed a recent tutorial by Ali (Ali Loves Cardmaking) where she demonstrated some easy alcohol ink techniques on photo print paper with some rubbing alcohol...

Me And My Daily Papercraft Blog - Handmade By Pri

Now I didn't want to get alcohol inks until I knew that I liked and could work with this technique ,so I really wanted to try it out with the things already had i.e. Spectrum Noir alcohol marker reinkers(sadly they all had almost dried up somehow but I could get just a bit of colour from the bottles)...Anyways,here is the image provided for this month's challenge...


Once my inked up photo paper was dry,I stamped the flower and leaf images from the Beautiful Day stamp set using Versamark ink and quickly heat embossed them with the Altenew antique gold embossing powder and die cut them with the coordinating dies...

Me And My Daily Papercraft Blog - Handmade By Pri

I didn't want to adhere these die cuts straight onto the card front,so I added them to a plain white panel first...I had already splattered some picked raspberry Distress Ink as well as some Nuvo gold mousse on this panel before attaching it to the card base...I then adhered all the leaves and flowers to it...I quite like the fact that even after adding so many layers of die cut images,my card wasn't heavy or thick..

I stamped the sentiment using autumn blaze crisp dye ink and then layered it with a panel on which I had stamped a solid stamp using pinkalicious crisp dye ink...I have used adhesive foam squares to adhere the sentiment onto the card front for a bit of dimension...and finally used some pink sequins to embellish my card...

Me And My Daily Papercraft Blog - Handmade By Pri

Learning new techniques has always been the most exciting part of card making for me...and this technique is definitely going to be revisited many times...

Thanks so much for stopping by to take a look at my card today...Happy crafting...!!

Pri

Labels: , , , , , ,