Foil Background Card For Timeout Challenge #101

I got a bit carried away trying out foiling (successfully) for the first time that I almost missed my submission for Time Out Challenge #101.....somehow all my previous attempts at foiling failed until I followed a video tutorial shared by Linda (A Happy Scramper) a couple of months ago...if you only want to see the foiling part skip to 1:27 on the video....

Me And My Daily Papercraft Blog - Handmade By Pri

I first used a stencil and Deco Foil transfer gel and applied a thin layer on a cardstock panel...once dry( a few hours),I cut a piece of gold foil transfer sheet same size as the panel and placed it between a folded sheet of baking paper and ran it through the hot laminator...I think in all my previous tries,I was using a thick paper which wasn't letting the heat through and that's why the foil wasn't sticking... 

I then used black soot Distress Oxide Ink and sponged it all over the foiled panel and splattered some water for effect...I really like how this ink gave a slate kind of colour rather than black..

Me And My Daily Papercraft Blog - Handmade By Pri

Once the panel was added to the card base,I added a few thin strips of gold foil cardstock on it as well as a die cut word 'happy' from pink shimmer cardstock...I stamped the word birthday on a small gold label and adhered it above the die cut word...

On a separate piece of white cardstock I stamped the little dog and gift image,coloured it in and cut it out before placing it on my card front..

Me And My Daily Papercraft Blog - Handmade By Pri

I chose the image with a gift on it as this was the 'inspired by words' challenge by Time Out Challenges


Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my card today....Have lovely & blessed day ahead...!! 

Pri

Labels: , , , , , ,