Peace Begins With A Smile

The moodboard for the November Challenge at Scrapbook Boutique was quite inspiring...at first I wanted to make Christmas cards using the moodboard's red and white theme but then other ideas popped up in my head and I went with that instead and have made two cards as my entry for this challenge..

Me And My Daily Papercraft Blog - Handmade By Pri

This is the moodboard for the challenge...and if you live in Australia or New Zealand,you can participate in this challenge...the Scrapbook Boutique blog has monthly challenges which I love to participate in...


For my first card,I first created the elements for the front panel using the Altenew Build-a-flower Rose set...I only stamped one layer of the rose using candied apple Distress Oxide ink and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder before die cutting it..I did the same with the little flower bunch...

I stamped one layer of the leaf stamp with Versamark ink and heat embossed that with white embossing powder and die cut it with the coordinating die...I die cut another piece for layering..I also stamped and heat embossed the sentiment on a thin white strip...

Now that all the elements were ready,I cut a white front panel and splattered some red watercolour on it and let it dry before adhering it to a textured red card base...

I added  all the elements to the card front and used craft foam under a few die cuts and the sentiment label for dimension..and finally I used some red Nuvo drops to embellish my card...

Me And My Daily Papercraft Blog - Handmade By Pri

I am also entering this card in The Flower Challenge #14 where the theme for this month is CAS



For my second card,I die cut a red front panel using the large stitched rectangle die and adhered it to a white card base...then on a separate piece of white cardstock,I stamped the plaid background using candied apple Distress Oxide ink and die cut a smaller panel to layer above the red panel...

I then die cut three fringe scallop borders from white cardstock and adhered them to the smaller panel...I die cut the word 'smile from white cardstock as well and layered it with red craft foam die cut before adhering it near the base of this panel...I stamped the rest of the sentiment on a white label and layered that with red craft foam as well before placing it under the large word...

Red Nuvo drops were the perfect embellishments for this card and I just added three of them to finish my card..

Me And My Daily Papercraft Blog - Handmade By Pri

So happy you stopped by my blog today...hope you liked my creations...Have a wonderful and blessed day ahead...happy crafting..!!

Pri

Labels: , , , , , ,