Bloom Where You Are Planted

I used to paint stripy backgrounds for my cards myself....and a lot of the times I had to paint all over or even bin them coz the lines would be way more wonky than acceptable...ha ha...so when Altenew released this watercolor stripes stencil,I was so happy coz the background for the card I'm sharing today would've been unpredictable otherwise... 😊😀


Me And My Daily Papercraft Blog - Handmade By Pri

I started by cutting white cardstock to size for the front panel of my card and then used the stencil and Distress Inks to create the background..I used the following shades - wilted violet,carved pumpkin,twisted citron and hickory smoke...I also splattered a bit of water and quickly dabbed it with a paper towel...

Once dry,I stamped the sentiment using black ink and then adhered this panel to a white card base...

On a separate piece of cardstock I stamped and coloured in the cactus and pots from a Honey Bee Stamp set called Stick with me using Gansai Tambi watercolours...once dry,I cut them out and adhered them to the card front with some adhesive foam...

To embellish my card I have simply added some black Nuvo drops...

Me And My Daily Papercraft Blog - Handmade By Pri

Thank you for your visit today...I'm so glad you stopped by my blog...Hope you will have a wonderful day ahead...!!

Pri

Labels: , , , , , ,