Atlenew Decoupage Flowers - A Card & A Tag

I have been planning to try out the decoupage technique for a very long time and have finally been able to create something...I have seen a lot of cardmakers create beautiful cards and share tutorials for this technique but the one video that I found the most helpful was the one by Yana Smakula...and although she used wood block stamps and coordinating layering dies for her tutorial,you get the idea of how exactly it is done...here is the link to her full post if you'd like to check it out - 3D Decoupage Technique by Yana Smakula

Me And My Daily Papercraft Blog - Handmade By Pri

I made a card using Altenew Dahlia Blossoms stamp set and halftone stencil as well as a tag using the Altenew Beautiful Day stamp set...and even in the pictures you can see that the flowers give a dimensional look...

For the card I chose a dark coloured card base and die cut the top layer using white cardstock and a pierced rectangle die....I then used the hafltone stencil and broken china Distress Oxide ink to print the pattern lightly onto the top layer,making sure not to cover the whole panel...

On a separate piece of cardstock,I stamped and coloured each of the flower images twice using Peerless watercolour..I also stamped and coloured in a few leaves....once dry,I cut out the leaves and one each of the flowers...then to create the decoupage layer,I cut out the inner layer of the second flower and adhered it to the main flower using foam squares...

Me And My Daily Papercraft Blog - Handmade By Pri

I adhered the leaves and the dimensional flowers to the card front,added the sentiment on a small panel and adhered some rhinestones to embellish my card...and finally,I added a bit of shimmer by using my Spectrum Noir sparkle marker...

Here is a close-up shot of the flowers...

Me And My Daily Papercraft Blog - Handmade By Pri

So while I was practicing this technique,i decided to make a tag as well...this time using the Altenew Beautiful day peony flower outline stamp...

First I die-cut the tag using watercolour cardstock and painted a few lines in various colours...then I stamped the flower leaf images on a separate piece of cardstock and coloured them in using Peerless watercolours as well...once dry,I cut out the two of the flowers as is and one flower's inner layer...

I placed the darker coloured flower and the leaves at the bottom of the tag and then placed another flower above them...and finally I used foam squares to adhere the inner layer on this flower...

I added the sentiment,some pink sequins and a pink ribbon and my tag was ready...

Me And My Daily Papercraft Blog - Handmade By Pri

So happy you stopped by my blog today....Have a fabulously creative day ahead..!!

Pri

Labels: , , , , , , ,