Gold Embossed Congratulations Card

One of my crafty resolutions for this year is to practice and get better at heat embossing...so every now and then I keep reminding myself about it...and today I patiently sat down to create this card which not only has heat embossing but also a lot of masking as you can see that quite a few of the images are overlapped...

Me And My Daily Papercraft Blog - Handmade By Pri


I started with a watercolour cardstock panel and created a few masks for the flowers that were overlapping on my design layout...I then did my stamping and heat embossed the flower outline images using gold embossing powder...I also embossed a few flowers on vellum paper and coloured them pink and kept them aside to use later...

I then cut this design into two pieces and adhered a pink strip of gold embossed sentiment in the middle...to get this panel to for the card front,I simply ran it through my Cuttlebug using a stitched rectangle die..

Finally I used some Distress inks to watercolour the white areas above and below the embossed flowers...I used mermaid lagoon,peacock feather and cracked pistachio Distress ink shades mixed with a bit of water...once dry,I adhered this panel to the front of a plain white card and adhered the pink vellum flowers as well..

Me And My Daily Papercraft Blog - Handmade By Pri

I will be entering this card in the latest Time Out Challenge #86...the theme of this challenge is celebrations and I thought that a congratulations card would be great for this theme...I'm still finding out the details of the challenges but I think there is a new challenge every two weeks and if you're interested in taking part,here's the link to their blog - Time Out Challenges

Thank you so much for visiting today...Have a lovely & blessed day ahead....Happy crafting...!!

Pri


Labels: , , , , ,