Birthday Cards Using Acetate

It's been a very long time since I've been planning to try out acetate cards...went through quite a few tutorials by card makers who shared great tips and techniques and felt I should give it a try...so I made two cards...the first one has an acetate panel in the front and the second one has a clear acetate front..

I have used kraft cardstock for my first card....I created a section to place the acetate and then adhered it to the card...I stamped  one sentiment on the card front and another one inside which can been seen through the acetate panel...

On a separate piece of cardstock I stamped three candles and cut them out and placed them on the card...I have also used glossy accents on the flames of these candles for a bit of shine...

To embellish this card I have wrapped a bit of gold string on the front and adhered some punched out tiny circles that seem like confetti which I have added on the inside of this card so they can be seen through the acetate panel...

Me And My Daily Papercraft Blog - Handmade By Pri

My second card has a full acetate front panel...I cut the acetate about half an inch longer than the card front so that once I scored it to size,I would be able to adhere the cardstock I used for the card back to it..

I stamped the little boy holding the large balloon and the sentiment on the panel using Stazon jet black ink...I don't know if any other ink works on acetate but I know for sure that this one does...

Using Spectrum Noir markers I coloured in the images...you can see on the balloon that it didn't work too well but it was ok on the small image...

I added a few silver star sequins to embellish this card...

Me And My Daily Papercraft Blog - Handmade By Pri

Thank you for stopping by to take a look at my cards today....Have lovely & blessed day ahead...!!

Pri

Labels: , , , , , , , ,