Distress Ink Lifting Technique Tried Again

Last month I shared a card in which I had tried the Distress Ink Lifting technique(Post#193)for the first time after following a tutorial by Jennifer McGuire...now that was my trial/practice card but I felt it turned out great so was happy to share it on my blog....

I've tried that technique again....and hopefully you'll agree that I've done a better job this time...At first it may look like I used Kraft Cardstock for the top layer.....but I've not...read on and you'll find out...

The card base is plain light yellow and the top layer is made from plain white watercolour cardstock....I have stamped the roses and petals with Versamark in and heat embossed them using white embossing powder...now the fun starts....I used Tea Dye Distress inkpad to liberally cover the whole top layer with ink....

Then I used an aqua brush to lift ink from inside the embossed images...and once it was dry,I used mowed lawn,picked raspberry and seedless preserves to colour in....and just so the focus remains on the technique,I have used die cut sequins from gold cardstock as well as a banner for the sentiment...

What do you think about this card..??Hope you liked it...

P



Labels: , , , , ,