Post#197 - Girl With Balloons Birthday Card

I have recently started using the card size of 4.5"x 5.75" and I quite like it and plan to use this size often from now on.....especially for cards that I feel would otherwise have looked too full on a standard size card and might not justify the design....

The card base is a bright red one...and the top layer is made from watercolour paper that has been die cut from the largest stitched rectangle die....I then used peerless watercolours to  create a light background for the card....

Once the top layer was dry I stamped all the balloons and strings on it...on a separate piece of white cardstock, I stamped and coloured in the little girl and cut it out...I have used adhesive squares to adhere the image onto the card to give it a bit of dimension....

I then die cut the scripty word 'happy birthday' using a gold cardstock and placed it above the balloons...I have also added just a few golden star sequins on the balloons as embellishments...

Hope you liked this card...

P



Labels: , , , , , ,