Post#188 - Card For A Friend

This card was a mixed bag in terms of how I wanted it to turn out....though still quite close to how I planned it, one step didn't give good results and another one turned out fantastic....

The card base is plain black 4.5 x 5.75 inches...the top layer is made from watercolour cardstock on which I have used a stars stencil to dab Versamark ink and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder...somehow the stars didn't come out that well and that was a bit of a disappointment but I carried on.....I then washed the top layer with three shades of blue and let it dry....

Then I prepared the Polaroid frame for the sentiment....since the sentiment was a bit wider than the original frame,I die cut only half the die and moved it a bit and cut the rest of it....this is a technique I have seen in quite a few tutorials by Jennifer McGuire...I hadn't tried it much and when I saw the results,I was extremely pleased...I used a grey paper as the backing of the frame and stamped the sentiment on it...

I then used a small paperclip to attach a note paper with the Polaroid frame and attached these to the card...I have used a few silver star sequins to decorate the card as well...

Hope you liked this card...

P