Post#144 DIY Background Birthday Card

This card was so much fun to create.....mainly the background....all you need is some water soluble colour and a drinking straw...and very soon you will have one of a kind background ready for your card...

I used Peerless watercolors and a Pentel Aquash water brush...after picking up the colour I wanted,I dropped a few drops of colour on the card..it's easier with the water brush....and then the fun started...I took a drinking straw and blew air over these droplets....very soon the water started running/spreading in all directions...I did the same with 2-3 more colours...

Since the background is the hero of this card,I did not want to hide it under unnecessary embellishments,so I simply adhered a die cut word 'happy' from gold cardstock and stamped the word 'birthday' under it...

There is a layered gold and orange butterfly and a couple of tiny ones on the card...on one side is a strip of gold and red cardstock...

This is a fun technique to try with kids...you could even create your own wrapping paper this way...

Hope you liked this card...

P


Labels: , , , , , , ,