Post#106 Colourful Birthday Card

Most of my projects start with a plan....a few rare ones turn out exactly as planned...the rest usually surprise me....and I'm sure this happens with most crafters....but it's fun...a lot of fun...

For this card I was going to repeat a die pattern using Lawn Fawn Stitched Border Dies and create a repeated faux stitching background on various coloured sections/panels on the front of the card...but as soon as I ran the first section through my Cuttlebug...the die had slipped and the stitch pattern was at an angle...so instead of wasting time to re-cut another strip and start again...I simply used the cross stitch pattern die in an angle as well...

Then I threaded a few silver sequins on a silver thread and wrapped it around the the top panel...once the background was ready,I attached a silver and an orange strip on the side and attached this layer to the card base...

I finished the card by stamping b-day word and adding a silver glitter die cut word happy above it...

Hope you liked this card...

P




Labels: , , , , , ,