Post#82 Green Slim Gift Bag

I am very excited to share today's project with you...Its a gift bag with an open top... and I came up with all the dimensions myself...someone else may have made it before but I did not look up any tutorials at all...this was my attempt at learning the basics of creating a gift bag of a particular size with specific measurements...

I started with an A4 size cardstock and trimmed the length to 11-1/2"....I kept the width of the paper as is at 8-1/4" so the dimensions of the paper are 11-1/2" x 8-1/4"

Then I scored the short side of the paper at 1"...this will be the base of the bag...
The long side was scored at 1", 5-1/4",6-1/4" and 10-1/2"
Staying on the long side I scored a half score line at 1/2", 5-3/4" and 11" 
These part score lines will help the sides of the bag to fold in together a bit easier...

I burnished the score lines and cut all four score lines running upto the 1" base score line on the short side....then I used a strong adhesive to attach the sides and bottom of the bag...the final bag measures 7" x 4-1/4" and is 1" wide

I used a small doily to cover the top of the bag and punched a hole through all the layers to thread the ribbon for closing the bag...also added a few punched our flowers from white cardstock to decorate the bag...

I had a huge amount of fun creating this bag....Hope you liked it too...

Thanks for stopping by...

P




Labels: , , , , ,