Post#79 Love You Glitter Tag

I try out quite a few things/ideas all the time....some turn out perfect or quite good....some go straight into the bin ..while some turn out somewhere in the middle....but I learn something new every single time.....like this tag that I'm sharing with you today... :)

My aim was to create a die cut word tag and the use glitter to fill in the negative spaces....So I die cut the words love & you on a large tag...then put double sided tape on the back of the tag...then I attached a slightly smaller tag at the back...Now I had to add glitter on the words and press them down so quite a lot of it stick onto the tape and create the glitter effect words on the tag...

Now here is what I learnt...for this technique one should always use superfine glitter as quite a lot of it would stick onto the tape...unlike the not-so-fine glitter that I used...it still turned out quite nice...

Jennifer McGuire has quite a lot of  excellent tutorials on using glitter with dies etc...Once I am able to get the right kind of glitter I plan to go through her tutorials again... 

I stamped a hearts border stamp on the top section of the stamp and added ribbons to finish the tag...

Hope you liked it...

P




Labels: , , , , , ,